[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MCL and MacHTTP

At 6:29 AM 6/15/95, Terje Norderhaug wrote:
>At 1:43 PM 6/13/95, Glenn Forr wrote:

>One complication I have encountered is the time it takes if the LISP
>environment should be lauched for each CGI request (which might be
>reasonable setup if there are not too many requests and the resources are
>shared with others). On an overused Sparc server this has turned out to
>take seconds :-(

When a multithreaded lisp is the primary HTTP server, this is not a problem
as the lisp
is already running.  The issue becomes robustness and reliablility of the
Lisp itself.

I expect that we will see CL-HTTP running under UNIX-based Lisps as the vendors
bring their networking and threading upto the level required for robust
HTTP service.

>Now I am just waiting for my order of a MCL license to
>get through... and I'll be on with making neat CGI's for the Mac. I plan to
>create a mailing list for us that use LISP for CGIs and related Web
>services. May those that write or intend to write CGI's using MCL please
>raise your hand?

We have created www-cl@ai.mit.edu for discussion of any Common Lisp and Web
issues.
Why not carry on your CGI discussion there?

For subscription instructions, see:

http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/iiip/doc/cl-http/home-page.html

Once we get such a crowd talking about Lisp and the Web, we can spawn
sublists. :-)