[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

cl-http server on Unix

[SunOs 4.1.3, Motif, ACL 4.2, CLIM 2.0]

Hi, Lispers.

I just got the ACL port of cl-http server installed on my machine. But I have
the following questions to ask:

1) What's the right way to set up the DOMAINNAME? I found an auto-generated
defaultdomain file in the cl-http directory which contains the IP domain of my
host "Gaia.phibred.com". I modifed the http.script file by using this same name
for the DOMAINNAME variable.After this, I have run the script to compile and to
build the image: http_image. But I was surprised when (http:enable-http-service)
which says:
[1995-08-30 16:59:33]  HTTP service enabled for:
http://Gaia.Gaia.phibred.com:8000/
(8000)

It simply adds again the machine name (Gaia) onto the IP domain name!

2) What's the mechanism for the clients to connect to the http server process?
Thru socket? daemon? In this case, do I need to explicitly assign a service
number in the /etc/services file for the clients to know the process?

Any insights will be appreciated.

Chuanbo
xuc@phibred.com