[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

acl-http server corruption when client on another machine

[Server environment: ACL 4.2, CLIM 2.0, SunOS 4.1.3, Motif, Sparc 10]

Hi.

I have encountered the following problem when accessing the cl-http server from
a web-client residing on an another machine:

Error: Received signal number 11 (Segmentation violation)
  [condition type: SYNCHRONOUS-OPERATING-SYSTEM-SIGNAL]
[Current process: TCP Server [8000]]
[1] USER(1): :zo
Evaluation stack:

   (ERROR SYNCHRONOUS-OPERATING-SYSTEM-SIGNAL :FORMAT-CONTROL ...)
   (MP::MP-HANDLE-PENDING-SIGNAL :UNKNOWN)
 ->(IPC::GET-HOST-NAME-BY-ADDRESS 2855730430)
   ((METHOD IPC::TCP-SERVER-DAEMON-FUNCTION (IPC::TCP-SERVER-STREAM))
      #<IPC::TCP-SERVER-STREAM @ #x130e85a>)
[Current process: TCP Server [8000]]

This made the server disabled. It works fine when the client comes from the same
machine as the server.

What's the problem?

BTW: We have modified the default-domain-name function in the code to make it
work with our host name which consists of 3 parts instead of 4 parts as original
code requires.

Thanks.

Chuanbo
xuc@phibred.com