[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Confirmed MCL/MAC Lossage on 7100

At 12:43 PM 9/1/95, Francisco Martin wrote:
>>At 22:57 8/31/95, John C. Mallery wrote:

>>It sounds like there may be some bugs at the TCP level or in the MCL thread
>> code that are exposed when running on the PowerMac architecture.
>
> Chris and John,
>
> The same problem had already come out when I used MCL 2.0.1 and its
>patches for the method combination bug.

Last night I verified that a powermac 7100/80 running MCL 3.0 without patches
or  MCL 3.0p2 with  cl-http 1.7d2 does indeed turn into mush after serving
a bunch of urls,
perhaps not many at that.  This occurs when the client is on a remote host.  The
mouse turns into a circle cross.

It would seem that some resource is becoming exhausted and that the machine
then becomes
unusable.  This could be in MCL, MACTCP, or the Apple code, or some
interaction. Dunno, but
on the surface, it does not seem to be server-related

It would be nice if someone at Digitool or Apple could investigate so that
a patch
can developed.  This behavior makes CL-HTTP unusable on 7100s until such a patch
is available.