[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Netscape and 304 response code bug

Hi,

I've just downloaded and tried the latest cl-http version for the mac (1.7.1).
It seems for me that there is still a problem with reloading an unchanged
html page. I.e. Mac Netscape still gets into a seemingly infinite loop, while
the cl-http server returns 304 response codes. Can anybody explain what
actually causes the problem and what has been done to fix it. Perhaps the
server can be changed to not send 304 codes to this particular user agent.
Or perhaps the expires date can be used so the conditional get won't be used
by Netscape.

Second question: Has anybody tried server push with Netscape. I thought
perhaps using one window for output and another window for input with forms
might make a neat interface. When form input is sent to the server, the
output window is updated with server push and a 204 response returned to
the input window to make it remain stable.

Hallvard

Hallvard Traetteberg
Sect. of Information Systems, SINTEF Informatics
P.O.Box 124 Blindern, N-0314 Oslo, Norway
Tlf: +47 2206 7983 or +47 2206 7300, Fax: +47 2206 7350
Email: Hallvard.Tretteberg@si.sintef.no