[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

exporting :HTML-COMPUTED URLs

I'm hacking together a simple Concordia->HTML translator, and I'd like to
link this into our CL-HTTP server by exporting URL's that look something
like

    http://host/sage/type/topic

e.g.

   http://scorpius.galaxy.mystech.com/sage/section/Network_Addressing

However, I'm still somewhat vague on the way EXPORT-URL works, particularly
how it maps incoming URL requests to export definitions (and thence to
appropriate handlers). My initial model was that an entry that looked like

   (http:export-url #u"/sage/" :html-computed
                    :response-function 'translate-sage-topic)

would cause any URL's beginning with "/sage/" to be passed to
TRANSLATE-SAGE-TOPIC, which could then destructure the components of the
URL to find the corresponding Concordia topic.   However, there doesn't
seem to be an obvious way to make this work -- I get various "no applicable
method" errors.  Naive attempts to use pathname-like wildcards
(#u"/sage/*/*.html") failed as well.

Is this doable, or am I way off base?  I know I could probably use a search
URL instead ("/sage?type:topic" or such), but I'd prefer to stick with a
more structured URL list if possible.

pch