[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Annotations to CL-HTTP

Hi,

there occured some problems using 'redirect'ed URLs using mac-cl-http with
an HTTP-call from an IBM compatible using netscape 1.1. Netscape just
displayed and error message like 'Socket not found'. Using the 'true' URL
with an attached response-function everything worked fine. That might be
ineresting for you.

Another thing is just an annotation to the HTML 3.0 (netscape.lisp)
extensions. I've tried to use an background image which (in the
specification that I do know) is available by an BACLGROUND=... option in
the BODY tag. As I looked into the HTML-source created by your
netscape::with-document-body function, I saw that the background
key-argument was converted to a BGCOLOR option, resulting in funy
colors. Well I'd find it use full to provide two key-parameters: BGCOLOR and
BACKGROUND which should be translated one to one into HTML. This would make
the handling more easy I guess. (Just a suggestion.)

A last thing has to do with the old LINEFEED and CARRIAGE RETURN
problem. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it might be better to output
both a CR and a linefeed for any freshline command. This seems to be the more
convenient way, that has two advantages:

-Some Browsers (Old Mosaic) don't handle a single CR as a line break in
 preformatted text resulting in an unreadable page.
-Source produced by MAC-CL-HTTP is absolutely unreadable on machines like
 IBM compatibles or UNIX workstations, since anything is written into a
 single line.

Well since I want to go to the whole world with our server and these two
systems are more common than the Mac is, it might be a reasonable change.

ES