[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Domain name probs

> From: joswig@vampire.lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig)
> Subject: Domain name probs
> Sender: owner-www-cl@ai.mit.edu
>
> Hi,
>
> two questions:
>
> a) Multi homing

[dont know]

> b) Moving server images between machines
>
> How about moving CL-HTTP application images from one machine
> to another. With MCL (or maybe ACL PC) it would be quite common
> to have applications with preset objects (already exported URLs,
> ...) saved with the application's image.
>
> What would one have to do to get the server image running on the
> new machine without much work. Already exported URLs
> should be recomputable for the new machine without destroying
> them, etc.

With ACL UNIX we are moving images around machines using:
(http::reset-server-local-host-variables)
(load "http:examples;exports")
and reloading all other exports specific to the server
just before enabling the http services - done by a script.
I assume this would work on other platforms.

[The reloading of exports turned out to have a bit of an overhead,
however, it has been improved by a factor of 4 since, and I've
been told the remaining export loading speed lag due to DIRECTORY
will be addressed in ACL UNIX next version (4.3).]

Cheers - Olivier