[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Popup menus and mouse-sensitive graphics w/CL-HTTP

I am porting a Common Lisp system from a Symbolics GUI to a WWW GUI using
CL-HTTP. The Symbolics code produced screens that typically combined some
simple graphs (made up of labelled nodes and links) with text. Some text
and graphic elements, when mouse-selected, opened pop-up menus with action
options (e.g. add additional link to this node).

Do you have any suggestions on the easiest way to reproduce this UI
metaphor with CL-HTTP? Some specific questions:

€ HTML doesn't seem to support pop-up menus. Is my only option to create a
new page with the menu options as anchors? Will CL-HTTP support Java
applets or the like that could do the job?

€ I understand that I can use bitmaps to produce the effect of
mouse-sensitive graph components, but will I have to write my own code to
produce the bitmaps and determine which element a user has selected? Is
there any high-level Lisp code available that does this already?

I'd appreciate any pointers you may have.

   Thanks,

       Mark Klein

                  ******** PLEASE NOTE!!! *********

Due to problems with my mailer, sometimes my mail to the outside world has
an incorrect return address. Please verify when "replying" to my message
that it is going to the proper address (klein@quark.arl.psu.edu).

US Mail:
-------
Mark Klein, PhD