[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Popup menus and mouse-sensitive graphics w/CL-HTTP

> From: klein@quark.arl.psu.edu (Mark Klein)
> Subject: Popup menus and mouse-sensitive graphics w/CL-HTTP
>
> I am porting a Common Lisp system from a Symbolics GUI to a WWW GUI using
> CL-HTTP. The Symbolics code produced screens that typically combined some
> simple graphs (made up of labelled nodes and links) with text. Some text
> and graphic elements, when mouse-selected, opened pop-up menus with action
> options (e.g. add additional link to this node).

[...]
>  I understand that I can use bitmaps to produce the effect of
> mouse-sensitive graph components, but will I have to write my own code to
> produce the bitmaps and determine which element a user has selected? Is
> there any high-level Lisp code available that does this already?

I dealt with this issue by porting to Lucid Common Lisp the Gd library
for interactive creation of Gif images. My own Lisp Http server
(http://ipvaim.unipv.it:8080/) already uses it. Marco Ramoni
(M.Ramoni@open.ac.uk) is now carrying on my work: he ported the package
to CLISP and, using CLOS, he is developing CL-FLY, a high-level user-interface
builder.

> I'd appreciate any pointers you may have.

See http://ipvaimed9.unipv.it/misc/gd.html for info on gd-lisp; see
http://ipvaim.unipv.it:8080 for a demonstration of its usage in my
LispWeb Lisp Http server (click on the logo in the top page); contact
Dr. Marco Ramoni for info on CL-FLY.

>    Thanks,
>
>        Mark Klein

Bye,

				   Alberto Riva

				   alb@ipvaim.unipv.it
				   Department of Computer and Systems Science
				   University of Pavia, Italy

				   http://ipvaimed9.unipv.it/