[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Applications of CL-HTTP

>Joining CLASSIC and CL-HTTP sounds like a very cool
>thing to have done! What version of CLASSIC are you using,
>for what platform? Someone might be able to derive how
>much consing you ought to get (or not get) from your CLASSIC.
>
>CLASSIC was "productized" by top-notch BL programmers
>[i.e. rewritten in a static object language] some years ago,
>of course because this required a complete rewrite, one would
>expect the "product" version of CLASSIC to minimize consing
>better than the original prototype...

Funny thing,
   my main interest in cl-http was also to use it for an interface to the
DL system I'm working on. Maybe others are thinking about it too and we
could join our forces.

A good starting point would be using the KRSS-standard, which is until now
supported (to some extent) only in CLASSIC, but it is not too difficult to
translate it to Loom and Kris.

BTW: What abot the availability of the C++ Version of Classic. My last
information that you have to buy it? Is it Version-2.2 too?

Thanks

Gerd

P.S. I'm using Classic-2.2 and Loom-2.1 both on a Mac and on Sun Sparcs
with Solaris

Gerd Kamp       	       	       	     email: kamp@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
University of Hamburg    	       	    phone: +49 40 54715-614
Computer Science Department
Artificial Intelligence Lab           fax:   +49 40 54715-572
Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30
22527 Hamburg (Germany)