[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problem with the modern memory manager on a 9500

As I said in a recent message, I just switched to a powermac 9500.
Also as I've said recently, the garbage collection my stuff is doing
isn't from my code.

My MCL application (which is a saved application containing Cl-HTTP
47.7 and Classic 2.2) is allocated 60MB.

With the "Modern Memory Manager" on, the machine hangs after the first
GC.  When I shut MMM off, it works OK (so far).  Is this known?  What
am I losing by having this off?

I've got MCL with the kernel patch and patch 2.  I'm sending this here
now, it's probably an MCL problem, NOT cl-http, but I can't get
through to the digitool home page to get the email address for their
bug reports.

=====

Christopher Welty                         Vassar College Computer Science Dept.
weltyc@cs.vassar.edu                                     Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
http://www.cs.vassar.edu/faculty/welty                           (914) 437-5992