[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problem with the modern memory manager on a 9500

At 14:07 25.11.95, in message "Problem with the modern memory manager on a
9500", Chris Welty wrote:

> As I said in a recent message, I just switched to a powermac 9500.
> Also as I've said recently, the garbage collection my stuff is doing
> isn't from my code.
>
> My MCL application (which is a saved application containing Cl-HTTP
> 47.7 and Classic 2.2) is allocated 60MB.
>
> With the "Modern Memory Manager" on, the machine hangs after the first
> GC.  When I shut MMM off, it works OK (so far).  Is this known?  What
> am I losing by having this off?
>
> I've got MCL with the kernel patch and patch 2.  I'm sending this here
> now, it's probably an MCL problem, NOT cl-http, but I can't get
> through to the digitool home page to get the email address for their
> bug reports.

I also have this problem with MCL. I use the same version with appropriate
patches applied. I already reported this behavior to Digitool but got no
feedback whether they can reproduce this bug. I'm using a PowerMac 8500
with system 7.5.2. However, everything is ok with the MMM turned off.

BTW, the mail address for bug reports is bug-mcl@digitool.com

Greeting, Volker