[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Java / Java on the Mac in January / JavaScript

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, John C. Mallery wrote:

> The level of hype never ceases to amaze me.
>
> In any event,  we should use Java as a browser assembly language and synthesize
> the Java from Lisp, just as we do for HTML.
>
> Who volunteers to take the first pass at the lisp->java runtime interpreter/compiler for CL-HTTP?

Hi,

Personally, I haven't seen either. I was wondering if Lisp or Scheme can do
the things Java can do? It's no small feat to build a new language even if
Gosling has done it. Maybe Lisp is better suited to certain applications?
I'm a novice at programming Lisp so please excuse my questions.

One of the things I'm programming in Lisp is an agent that can work like
Eliza and store like Boris Katz's START system. Would Katz's START system
be workable through Java like it is through CL-HTTP? (Assuming you have
tried the START system.)

Andrew