[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Redirection in CL-HTTP

 > The way to implement whole sale redirects would be to map the url table url::*url-table*
 > and apply export url with the appropriate arguments.

That assumes that I've loaded the software that exports the URLs.  As a
concrete example, suppose you wanted to redirect all requests for
any URLs under
        http://www1.ai.mit.edu/white-house-publications/
        http://www.whitehouse.gov/White_House/Publications/

because you wanted to use www1.ai.mit.edu for development of
experimental web software.  If URLs can only be redirected on an
individual basis, then you'd have to keep all the old software loaded in
your machine, or at least the part that exports all the URLs.  This
means you'd need to keep your experimental software compatible with the
old software so they could co-exist.  It would be nice if all it had to
do was recognize that a particular URL subtree is now handled by a
different machine, and forward those requests, without needing to be
able to reconstruct the whole subtree.

                                        --Kanef

Follow-Ups: References: