[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Crashes on reading file into fred buffer

OK, so here's one I can't believe: with cl-http loaded, I have a file that
I cannot Open without MCL crashing. I get the bomb icon, but no text
appears - it crashes out before the text can appear, I guess, and the whole
system locks.

I've tried many things: re-loading the files onto disk, loading a new image
of cl-http into MCL, running Norton. It occurs to me that the problem may
have started when I inadvertantly turned on AutoDoubler on the LISP source
files,but I have reloaded those from the server, and made a new image of
cl-http. I can read and save the same file with SimpleText. Nothing
prevents the crash in MCL, although I get it at different points: sometimes
I can load most of a small system that the file is part of, sometimes I
can't get that far, and I crash before I even get to the suspect file....
Any ideas? (I _can_ open the file into Fred without cl-http loaded, but the
system requires cl-http to load.)