[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Retrieving URL for a exported method?

Hello all --

How can I retrieve the URL for an exported method? I have a method that serves
as a search gateway to a knowledge base (KB). That is, I send something like:

        http://myserver/getinfo?object=donut

which retrieves some information about the "donut" object in the knowledge base.
The KB returns plain text, which I convert to HTML. I want to add HREF links
since the result includes references to other objects in the KB. Thus, if the
result reads "Donut is a child of Junk-Food", I would like "Junk-Food" to be a
link to:

        http://myserver/getinfo?object=junk-food

I've exported a method using the #u macro, so CL-HTTP takes care of building the
HREF text for me. How can I get an ASCII version of this HREF? Is there
something like:

        (get-href-for-exported-method my-method)

that returns the "http://..." text?

Thanks.

Ramon M. Felciano
Section on Medical Informatics