[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

xMactcp Interface 1.5

A new and improved version is available in
ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/pub/users/jcma/cl-http/devo/xmactcp-1-5.sea.hqx

You need to fully recompile cl-http 58.12 by setting

	(setq cl-user::*always-compile* t)

before loading the server.

This one is about as close as I'm going to get for now.  Perhaps someone else
can figure out how to identify and eliminate any remaining bugs.

The emphasis has been on safety first, but soon performance will need a look.

There appear to be bugs in Open Transport 1.1 wrt to the following aspects of
the Mactcp program interface:

	* keeping the listening stream awake even though connections
	are aborted by the client before they come up.

	* respecting the ULA timeout during active open. If a server is slow
	to respond, we're likely to time out. Exposed when using show-url in
	the basic client.