[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SIGCHI CHI '96 Vancouver

Hi,

Is anyone going to CHI '96 in Vancouver, BC Canada? If you are, maybe we
can set up a meeting.

I was browsing for Symbolics Open Genera references and I found out that
the UBC Computational Intelligence Lab has a Symbolics 3650 which I
wanted to see and then I found out that they had tours of the UBC
Computational Intelligence Lab for CHI '96 volunteers!

Is this serendipity or what? Perfect timing too, I've got one week before
the conference.

I found out Pattie Maes and Alan Wexelblatt are going to be there. They
are from the MIT Media Lab and do research on intelligent agents, agents
and genetic algorithms, etc. That would be cool if the CL-HTTP server
could do agent related stuff, it would tie in great with a WOO, a
set of Maas-Neotek like agents could run on the WOO.

I'm looking forward to seeing this 3650. Maybe I can find one at the UBC
Surplus Equipment Recycling Facility

[Please excuse the enthusiasm, I know most of you are probably
conservative academics. :) I think this Lisp stuff is cool because it
seems like it's possible to get maximum results with minimum effort with
the language. It's awesome that an organization can rapid prototype AND
deliver to MILLIONS of people INTERNATIONALLY with the hypermedia
server and the Internet.]

Andrew Moreno, wannabe LISP hacker/rapid prototyper, wannabe research
institute director
amoreno@broken.ranch.org