[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Web Walker in Scheme

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, John C. Mallery wrote:

> At 4:23 AM 1996-04-07, Andrew Moreno wrote:

> >I found a web walker in Scheme that might be ported to LISP. It's
> >writting by a PhD candidate at Inria. Maybe we can get it running on
> >CL-HTTP? Any ideas?

I'll go and look for it.

> Send a pointer on it.  I am reporting on one that I wrote last summer at LUV96
> at Object World.  We have some people here who hack the web with scheme.

Just for clarification, is your goal with CL-HTTP to promote use of just
LISP or LISP and LISP variants?

I saw a Scheme Web server run by an MIT schs group that takes up a 44k
compressed tar file. That's incredible in terms of bang for the buck.

It may not be as "industrial strength" as CL-HTTP, but I think that's neat.

BTW Do I need a multithreaded CL implementation to prototype with CL-HTTP?

I run W3's Arena browser in X. I was thinking of running clisp+CL-HTTP
along with Arena on one machine - a notebooks. Is this possible?

Andrew Moreno