[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

XMacTcp 1.8.2

A new version of the tcp interface is available from

	ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/pub/users/jcma/cl-http/devo/xmactcp-1-8-2.sea.hqx

1. This backs out of CR-LF translation in xmactcp.lisp and moves it to
tcp-stream.lisp in CL-HTTP in order to more closely approximate the earlie
imlemntation.

2. It also changes the default character type from 'base-character to 'character.

3. This version is likely to be released with MCL 3.1 PPC, so please test it and
check it for any lossage.

4. If you are having trouble running this inteface under MacOS 7.5.2,
OpenTransport 1.1, you will probably have better luck by reverting to MacTcp
2.0.6. The bug with connections coming part way up and then going down that
caused trouble with listening streams also causes trouble with active opens.
We have come to the conclusion that this is a bug in OpenTransport and we will
need patches from Apple before OT is going to work reliably when invoked via
the MacTCP interface the way MCL currently uses it.