[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

generating GIF

Hi,

For fun I've implemented a GIF generator that has potential for use with
the CL-HTTP. The GIF file/byte stream is generated from a 2-dimensional
array of bytes (indices into color-table), i.e. the picture is compressed
and packaged according to the gif87a standard (as far as I know). For such
a package to be useful, there should be a way of drawing the pictures in
the first place, i.e. something similar to the GD C library. I see two
possibilities:

1. Get hold of a free and portable pixmap drawing package.
2. Use native libraries for off-screen drawing, i.e. use Quickdraw and GWorlds
    on the Mac, something else if CLX is included.

Does anybody know of any free and portable pixmap drawing package?
Has anybody made a nice interface to e.g. Quickdraw and GWorlds?

An apparent use is for generating charts and accompanying client side image
maps.
Any ideas for chart generating packages?

Hallvard

Hallvard Traetteberg
Sect. of Information Systems, SINTEF Tele og Data
P.O.Box 124 Blindern, N-0314 Oslo, Norway
Tlf: +47 2206 7983 or +47 2206 7300, Fax: +47 2206 7350
Email: Hallvard.Tretteberg@informatics.sintef.no