[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

Since files are merely sources of bits, you can replace files with some
computation which
generates the desired stream of bits.

In fact,  it is easier just to think of a URL as having an associated
function that computes
its response, whether from a file or other information sources.

>The functionality of export-url which I am interested in at present
>establishes a mapping between a URL and a pathname, but how this works
>is not entirely clear. Can you give me pointers to more documentation?

Just export a directory with the directory export type and give as the
pathname argument
the directory to which the URL should be rooted.  If you specify
recursive-p t, then all
subdirectories are exported as well.

>I get the impression from the examples file that all your resources have
>to reside (or be pointed to via links) precisely one level under the
>http directory. Is this the case?

No.  String search for recursive or read the documentation for export-url

I also had problems recursively
>importing subdirectories; the mapping does not seem to exist for the
>subdirectories. The redirect mechanism is also a mystery - what
>restrictions are there on the URL argument supplied and how can I
>construct the alternative URLs?

Redirects are like links in URL space.  They tell clients to go visit a
second URL whenever
the first URL is accessed.