[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cl-http/client/client.lisp on ACL/SunOS

Hi Marc,

There is a web walker already written for the system. The full source code
is in the
forthcoming release.  The architecture is described here:

http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/iiip/doc/cl-http/w4/w4-abstract.html

Several groups are building on the constraint posting architecture of the
existing one.

It might make sense to pool some efforts rather than duplicating them.  The
real action
is not so much at the level of the walker, but what one does with it.  This
is especially
true with a constraint posting archiecture precisely because it open codes
control and action.
Thus, it seems to me that a more extensive feature set and high reliability
in one base will
support more and better research at the application level. Moreover, the
outcome will be
a better resource for the Lisp community.

You may want to contact Sunil Mishra smishra@ai.mit.edu, who is extending
the current
implementation to support his research on top of it.

Rather than inflicting too much volume here, we intend to spin off a
specialized discussion
on the W4 walker as soon as there is enough interest.

The particular bug you noted will be corrected in the various UNIX ports
in the forthcoming release, which we are targeting for next week. So, you'll
get the fixed client and the W4 web walker to launch you on your way.

Cheers, John