[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SSL for CL-HTTP

>From the Starnine site:
WebSTAR/SSL Security Toolkit integrates the most complete, cost-effective
secure Web server on
      the market with exceptional ease-of-use. WebSTAR/SSL can be added to
any Web site on the
      Internet or internal corporate network, enabling companies and
organizations to offer secure Web
      transactions and document transfers. The product package includes
WebSTAR/SSL, an
      encryption-enabled version of StarNine's industry-leading Web server
for Macintosh, and the
      utilities necessary for creating a server digital ID. It's never been
easier to begin serving secure
      Web pages directly from your desktop!

I was under the impression that it is an "independent" utility that works
with any server, ie intercepts incoming and outgoing streams, and encodes
it on the fly.  But I guess it is a full server that servers _only_ SSL
encoded pages. So in effect, with WebSTAR/SSL, you will be running two
servers on the machine, one serving " http" and the other serving " shttp"
documents.

Jim

>At 11:25 AM +0000 1996-08-20, jim@digitalideas.com wrote:
>>I am curious to know if there any SSL utility for CL-HTTP, or any attempts
>>being made at developing one.
>
>I don't know of any such activity at present.
>
>>Would commercial utilities like the one from Starnine work with CL-HTTP?
>
>Possibly. Could you provide more information on the Starnine SSL utility
>that you have in mind?

Jim Kazoun
jim@digitalideas.com