[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: can't start CL-HTTP

At 18:25 Uhr -0700 19.09.1996, John Sotos wrote:
>I can't get CL-HTTP-60-17 running on my PowerMac 7200/90; System 7.5.2
>with system enabler 1.1 in a 17.5MB partition.  I also have
>TCP/IP v1.0.8
>
>I tried the following:

>in the TCP/IP control panel: (a) Connect via: Ethernet
>(b) Configure: Manually

>in the TCP/IP control panel: (a) Connect via: AppleTalk (MacIP)
>(b) Configure: Using MacIP Manually

>in the TCP/IP control panel: (a) Connect via: AppleTalk (MacIP)
>(b) Configure: Using MacIP Manually
>
>It is always the same error, although it occurs when loading
>either mac;examples;configuration-apple-talk.pfsl or
>examples;configuration.pfsl, as the case may be:
>
>> Error: MACTCP: Internal Error: Error getting address
>> While executing: CCL::%TCP-CONTROL-ASYNC-WAIT
>
>It's something incredibly basic, I know.

;-)

>Call me dim, but I find the documentation on configuring CL-HTTP
>to be inscrutable.

Do you have a nameserver on your network? Does it work? Can
your machine resolve domain names? Does your machine have
a name that can successfully be resolved?

Another way would be to specify the machine's name in the
"hosts" file.

Even another way is to *not* let CL-HTTP resolve names.

Contact me by mail if you need specific help.

Greetings,

Rainer Joswig

Rainer Joswig, Lavielle EDV Systemberatung GmbH & Co, Lotharstrasse 2b, D22041
Hamburg, Tel: +49 40 658088, Fax: +49 40 65808-202,
Email: joswig@lavielle.com , WWW: http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/