[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PUT Method

You can use either post or put to write to a file. Both support
basic and digest authentication (not available in netscape 3.0, but coming in 4.0)

The put method will just write to the file.  The post method will require
a response function that does the write.  Post is prefered for small amounts
of information because you might just transfer the information directly to
the Java app via foreign functional call or equivalent rather than
inserting the disk as a throttle.