[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Communications Between Frame Panes in Netscape

Hi John,

> Ari: Is there a recommended way to communicate (capture state)
> across frame panes? Typically, people want to get form state from
> the other panes and submit it.

I asked one of our JavaScript guys, and got this reply:

	If you write script in one frame and want to look at or set
	properties of form elements or objects in a sibling frame,
	both frames must load documents from the same server, for
	security reasons.  Then, the references to the sibling frame's
	objects must use parent.sibling.document.form.element or
	similar (with statements can help to avoid spelling this path
	repeatedly).

Cheers,
--
Ari Luotonen	* * * Opinions my own, not Netscape's * * *
Netscape Communications Corp.		ari@netscape.com