[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

run cl-http behind firewall?

Hi, I am running cl-http behind a network address
translation firewall. (http://www.safety.net/). Thus,
the ip requests for my server are to the address
204.251.230.240.  However, the ip address of the
cl-http is really 193.1.1.3 on my lan based unregistered
machine.  The Network address translation program will
see 193.1.1.3:80 and map all requests to 204.251.230.240:80 to
193.1.1.3:80.

However, I get an error message from cl-http stating that
204.251.230.240 is not the name of the host.  What variable
should I change to make the request recognizable to the
cl-http server on my lan?  Should I change the value of the
HTTP:* Server* variable to be the number of the Internet (outside) IP
address.  Other web servers, like webstar
for macintosh seem to not be bothered by the network address
translation scheme, as I have used webstar on the same machine under the
same conditions.

What specifically should I do to fix the problem that I have.  any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Mann