[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CL-HTTP on SGI

Ken Anderson wrote:
> >The IP-ADDRESS-STRING method currently in http:acl;server;tcp-stream
> >is written for efficiency on 32 bit UNIX ports
> >using C foreign calls. If it does not work on your
> >setup you can look at other ports that have more
> >general albeit inefficient solutions.
>
> Wait!  I just want to be sure that everyone understands that you don't have
> to write in C to get efficiency out of Lisp.

Good point. I really meant that other solutions are inefficient ONLY
because they call (format nil ...) to build the address-string
you could not do something THAT inefficient in low level languages.
Of course one needs to write an efficient version that is
portable and submit it to the list so all ports can benefit
from it...