[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Believing in what you sell...

> Franz doesn't run the server because their engineers claim they
> can't understand it.
> The trot around the world explaining this themselves (!).
> Perhaps their development tools
> are not so good or their engineers not so clever.
> Who knows? One of the modern mysteries.

This Franz engineer knows the solution to the mystery ;)

I have studied CL-HTTP quite a bit and understand it enough to have
incorporated our AllegroStore CLOS object database system into it, and
also developed a timecard application which ran internally within Franz.
This CL-HTTP timecard app was used daily by Franz employees
until recently.

The timecard app is now running under a new, entirely different Web
server which I developed in Lisp for Franz.
This server, which we are calling Charlotte, focuses
on simplifying the task of creating and managing a website. As such, it
has a different purpose and a different target user base than CL-HTTP.

Charlotte has been running the public Franz website off and on for 6-8
months while I develop and test it. It will be up on a newly installed
host machine next week. I can't give you further details on Charlotte at
this time, but we'll be making a formal public announcement about it
on our website fairly soon.

Regards,

Kelly Murray  kem@franz.com

P.S.  In regards to TopCL, the parallel CL I developed,
and my old company Top Level, Inc,
the company ceased operations about 5 years ago.

Follow-Ups: References: