[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Multi-threading vs. Multi-processing?

At 10:42 PM +0100 1997-02-15, Rainer Joswig wrote:
>At 16:12 Uhr -0500 15.02.1997, CHRISTOPHER ELIOT wrote:
>>Then I could put the graphics onto the SGI I wish I had, separating
>>the load from my "intelligent" computations.
>
>Why not something like:

>Put the link on the fly on the page.

Good idea.

>An advanced task would be to attach such a mechanism
>to a URL subclass.

Not so advanced. 60.99 provides a general facility for generating
load balanced URLs.

Documentation: 	http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/find-documentation?HTTP:LOAD-BALAN
		http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/show-documentation?URL:LOAD-BALANCED-URL-STRING

Code: http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/sources/lispm/server/patch/cl-http-60/cl-http-60-99.lisp

This code will work in 60.57, and perhaps other versions too.

Christopher and others please report all applications using it here,
as everyone will want to know about it.

>Another (maybe not so good) possibility would be to
>generate redirects.

Redirects are not so good as it slows retrieval and wastes bandwidth.