From: Jon L White <jonl@harlequin.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:26:20 -0800
To: futrelle@ccs.neu.edu
Cc: jks@ai.mit.edu, douzzer@kill-9.ai.mit.edu, steve@method.com,
        Byron_Davies@mesaqm.sps.mot.com, www-cl@ai.mit.edu, clim@bbn.com,
        common-lisp@ai.sri.com, slug@ai.sri.com, alu@ai.sri.com,
        lisp-users@media.mit.edu, unplugged@folly.org, digitool@digitool.com
Subject: Pork addicts are pathetic losers

re: To go to the extreme, I might even use something like Lisp for my work
    even if it wasn't implemented to run on a computer.

And I actually did so(!) in my first graduate project in mathematics, for
Prof. Hao Wang, in "Logic".  It was easier to state the algorithm in Lisp
(alas, such as it was in those days) than to try adapting lots of silly
greek symbols . . . and Prof. Wang actually read it in Lisp!

Aside: Good to hear your sensible voice in this otherwise cacaphanous debate,
Bob.  Come over to the Harlequin Booth at OWE next week and say "Hello" for
old times sake (and same to you too, Steve Iconoclassman  . . . )

- -- JonL --