[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GIF generation library gd 1.2

> I've just cooked up a simple ACL interface to the gd GIF generation
> library that some of you might be interested in.

I thought about an alien code binding for gd, too, but I wonder how
difficult a little custom protocol might be to turn gd into a autark
TCP based server that understands a little language, maybe something
like postscript or scheme/functional-ps. The result could either be
retreived by the controlling client or alternativly the "GIF server"
could publish a defined gif by itself, given a simple HTTP server
software (there's a little C library floating around). Thehe load to
the main cl-http application would be reduced by doing so.

That way, all cl-http users (or users of non-C languages, for that
matter) could use it.

I need a 36-hour day, for sure :-(

Martin
--