[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

standalone mcl tcp initialization error

All right, I give up :-)

I just installed MCL 4.0, downloaded cl-http 60.57, configured Appletalk
and TCP/IP according to "Configuring CL-HTTP for MCL" for standalone
loopback.

I then loaded "mac-sysdcl.lisp" which successfully compiled and loaded
the cl-http system.

I then (load "http:mac;examples;init-server-local-talk.lisp" :verbose t)
as done in the "mac-start-local-talk.lisp" file. This compiles and loads the
"mac;examples;configuration-apple-talk.lisp" file. The first form in
this file is:
 (initialize-apple-talk-configuration "Local-Host.Apple-Talk.Net")

[note- same error if called with ip-address:
  (initialize-apple-talk-configuration "127.0.0.1") ]

This form generates an error:

? (http::initialize-apple-talk-configuration
"Local-Host.Apple-talk.Net")
> Error: MACTCP: Internal Error: Error getting address.
> While executing: CCL::%TCP-CONTROL-ASYNC-WAIT
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the RestartsŠ menu item for further choices.
1 >

Backtrace (how do you get a complete backtrace listing
like 'mail-bug-report' on a lispm?):

CCL::%TCP-CONTROL-ASYNC-WAIT
CCL::%TCP-GETADDR
WWW-UTILS::%LOCAL-HOST-PARSED-IP-NUMBER
WWW-UTILS::LOCAL-HOST-IP-ADDRESS
WWW-UTILS::INITIALIZE-APPLE-TALK-CONFIGURATION

Inspect the Error:

#<TCP-BAD-IP-ADDRESS #x36CA2AE>
Class: #<STANDARD-CLASS TCP-BAD-IP-ADDRESS>
Wrapper: #<CCL::CLASS-WRAPPER TCP-BAD-IP-ADDRESS #x3638E6E>
Class slots
CCL::ERROR-CODE: -23004
CCL::ERROR-MESSAGE: "Internal Error: Error getting address"

Specifics on my system configuration:

 PowerComputing PowerWave 604|132, 32m ram
 System 7.5.5
 OT 1.1.2
 Virtual Memory is ON

Can I provide anything else that might be useful???

thanks for any hints in advance,

-Bill Anderson
 ba@mystech.com

ps- i'm very familiar with the lispm, not so much with mac, and brand
    new to mcl :-)