[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Trivial lispm questions for CL-HTTP

These are not important things, but perhaps someone knows the answer
easily which would save me hunting around for ages.

I'm using cl-http on a 3650 -- I eventually want to run on Allegro but
the 3650 is what I have just now.  I have two related sets of problems
when building it:

As far as I can tell, the distribution has up-to-date sources, but
includes patches for the old versions.  Since I have to recompile, I'm
not sure how to get the version numbers be the same.  If I do it
naively I end up with 61.0 or something, which is obviously bogus.
What I do is to compile it setting some flag saying not to update the
version, and then compile and load the patches, even though they're
not really needed.  This does get me the right version number at
least, though I have to hand-fix some errors when loading the patches,
and I'm not actually convinced that the end result is the same!

A simple solution from my point of view would be if for each major
release there was a distribution made for the x.0 version, so I could
easily get the unpatched source and then load the patches.  Of course
this is more work and more disk space, so it might not be reasonable.

Perhaps there is another way of doing things which I don't know about?

Another question is: how do I go about applying later patches after I
build a distribution?  Is it enough just to ftp them, compile & load?
I'm unsure about the whole journal file thing, and I couldn't find the
info in the manuals.  This must have been a common thing to do, so the
solution must be simple!

Thanks for any help!

--tim