[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CL-HTTP and Java support

I was writing applets over the summer that connected with CL-HTTP. It depends
what you are doing but I would not discount Javascript. It is a very
tool. I used it to call applet methods that read the contents of a Java
textbox and stored the resulting string in a hidden field which was
submitted to the server by JavaScript. You need to create a JS object to do
this. There are other ways of communicating with the server but that was fairly
straightforward. As it turns out I was able to do everything I wanted for
my current project with JavaScript.

Moral of the story.

Unless you have a good reason I wouldn't ignore JavaScript. It is not
hard to learn and it might just get you out of a tight corner.

ps
I can't send you the Java source code as it was lost in transit from Germany to
Ireland but if you mail me I can give you some CL-HTTP/ JavaScript stuff.