Here are a few of the topics which will be covered in this class:
- Wiring parasitics, interconnections, and digital gates.
- Transmission lines and impedance methods in the time domain.
- Combinational Logic including full-adders, multipliers, and dividers
- Digital storage elements: flip flops including clocking issues
- Serial implementation of parallel combinational logic: folded logic
- Register files and memory datapaths for microprocessors.
- Superscalar and VLIW archtectures
- Caches (instruction, data) issues in a RISC design.
- Parallel interprocessor interconnection methods.
- Reconfigurable logic elements and FPGAs
- Thermal issues in computer design
- Reliability issues in computer design
- Implementation of computing structures based on biology