6.979 Reference Materials
The material covered in this course is rather broad, but some texts
and reference materials in particular are useful.
For research on a particular topic you can start at the AI/LCS reading room
- A wonderful book on computer architecture which is generally
useful for anyone interested in the field is "Computer Architecture: A
Quantitave Approach" by John L. Hennessy and David A. Patterson.
- A useful text on VLSI circuit design is "Analysis and Design of
Digital Integrated Circuits" by David A. Hodges and Horace G. Jackson.
This book is currently in its second edition.
- "Transmission lines for Digital and Computer Communications" by
Richard E. Matick.
- "Principles of CMOS VLSI Design" by Neil H.
E. Weste and Kamran Eshraghian. A classic!
- "Circuits, Interconnections and Packaging for VLSI" by