2003 AI Olympics
Before the Event
- Tell me if you need money for your event. And tell me how much.
This year they request that we use a lab credit card for the costs
rather than your own money. This is supposed to reduce the amount of
effort and paperwork in repaying people. (And they should all be on one
specific lab credit card, so ask me for this information.)
- Reserve space for your event. This could be a conference room,
the playroom, Johnson, the Z-center, etc. If the space is hard to get
(e.g., Broomball and Basketball), it is critical that you reserve early
since we may need to juggle events given the times available.
- Update your info file. This
file is located under:
/com/web/docs/lab/olympics/03/events/your-event-folder. Note that
I have already created an event-folder for each event, so make sure
you are updating the correct information. Make sure the email, names,
and location are correct for the event. Please email me if you
plan to change the time or date of the event, as we may need to move
around other events to keep the Olympics balanced. Please leave the score
section blank until after the event.
COMMISH: Jill Fekete email@example.com
PLACE: 8th Floor Playroom
- Update your picture. You should have a picture for your
event called image.gif or image.jpg in your event folder.
I gave each event a
picture. You can change any picture you feel is appropriate, just name
it either image.gif or image.jpg.
At a mimimum, you need to have an image file and an info file in your
- Make a website. Make a file called index.html in your
event folder, this file
will contain the website that will be linked off of the schedule page.
I may or may not have copied a previous years index.html. You can either
delete it and make a new one or modify it. If you do not have a old file
in your directory, you can search previous years websites to see if there
is one available to help you with your task. The website should
explain how the event will be scored or any other impertanent
- Test everthing Look at the schedule of events located at
make sure that everything works correctly as expected.
After the Event
- Post the scores of your event. These are written
to the "info" file. Here
is an example:
- SCORE: slytherin / ravenclaw / hufflepuff / gryffindor
If there is a tie between two (or three) events, omit the slash.
For example, a tie between
slytherin and ravenclaw would be written as:
- SCORE: slytherin ravenclaw / hufflepuff / gryffindor
- Give me the receipts for your event. They should all be marked
with AI olympics.