OK, here's the deal with the bake-off. In order to make it a little more challenging and competitive, and hopefully easier to judge, I've created some categories. They are as follows:
(see the pattern?)
This event will have lotsa point potential, so get your team organized and get yerselves into the kitchen!
Each category will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, with 4, 3, and 2 points respectively. All other entries will receive 1 participation point. Items made from mixes will receive a 1/2 participation point. In addition, teams may receive up to 3 points for helping with the cleanup afterwards. (one point per person; limit 3 per team)
In addition to the points scored for each category, there will also be 4 overall prizes:
- Best of show - 10 points
- Nerdiest/most humorous - 8 points
- Best traditional/classic - 8 points
- Most original - 8 points
The winning team will be determined by the final totals of the points awarded.
Now for the rules:
- All entries must be sweet desserts. Breads will qualify only if they are dessert breads.
- All entries must be homemade. Non-homemade items (pie shells, ice cream, etc) may be used only if they are incorporated into the main homemade item.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per team, or per person.
- The decisions of the judges and commissioner are final - bickering will incur the wrath of the kitchen gods and cause penalties to fall upon the heads of the unfortunate team who argue! (10 point deduction)
I hope this is all clear - judging will be blind, of course. In order to expedite the judging, you may start bringing your entries to be registered to the 8th floor at 5:00 on Thursday, Feb. 1st.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Good luck, and may the best baker win!
x6693, rm 711