- Transport: Utilize email and WWW over networks for comment on policy.
- Working Groups: Internal applications to improve bureaucratic coordination (e.g., organizational restructuring, complex negotiations).
- Public Comment: External applications for to structure and widen public participation (e.g., NII, GII).
- Argument Connectives: Support, oppose, qualify, extend, reframe, positive and negative examples.
- Problem-Solving Connectives: Goal, function, enabling structure.
- Equality: Methods will be needed for determining if opaque text is the same or not.
- Substructure: Methods will be need to decompose text so that comment can be made on parts of linked policy texts.