- Organization/Technology Impedance Match: Information system architecture must match organizational architecture and goals.
- Information Access
- should deliver information, not bits; more complex representations make this possible.
- based on more complex representations provides better precision and a better user interface.
- Adequate Representations: There are many effective intermediate representations on the spectrum between word search and full AI representation.
- Natural Language:
- Natural language annotations enable access to opaque resources (information beyond our current representation capabilities)
- Ternary relations facilitate efficient, constraint-based reference