NEST Feb 5 – Feb 8 2002 PI Meeting
Please note that a "Topic Area" may comprise multiple viewgraphs. You may not have to brief all topic areas at the meeting, but please ensure that all the information is there. You have 25 minutes for this presentation, followed by 5 minutes for questions. Send an electronic copy of the presentation to Juan Carbonell (Juan.Carbonell@wpafb.af.mil) and copy it John Luca (firstname.lastname@example.org) by COB Jan 31, 2001.
- Project Title
- PM, PI, and co-PIs
- PI(s) Phone Number and e-mail
- Contract Number
- AO Number
- Award Start Date
- Award End Date
- Agent Name and Organization
Subcontractors and Collaborators
List all subcontractors and, for each, identify their role on your project
Identify actual/planned collaborators in the NEST program (excluding the OEP principals from Berkeley and/or Boeing from Topic Area 6 OEP Participation)
Identify specific goals of the collaboration(s)
Problem Description and Program Objective
What specific technical problem(s) are you trying solve?
How does your project contribute to the goals and current status of the NEST program?
Identify specific success criteria for your project (you may be informal at this point, but thinking along these lines will be useful in figuring out program metrics, something that will be done during the course of the PI meeting)
NEST Program Quad chart (Submit a complete and up-to-date Quad Chart with your presentation but do not brief at PI Meeting)
Project Status (Update from last PI Mtg)
Identify current technical approach to reaching your project's goals
Describe changes in technical approach since last NEST PI meeting
Describe progress made since last NEST PI meeting
Identify deliverables and publications made
Identify specific milestones accomplished
Identify and update status to delayed milestones
If you are briefing an OEP make sure to
- Give a one-slide overview of the OEP
- Give a one-slide overview of the challenge problem(s) you have planned (we will discuss this at greater length during a breakout session, so be prepared to go into more details at that point)
Describe goals and success criteria for each experiment OEP Participation
Identify OEP(s) in which you are participating
Identify the role you can perform in the OEP(s)
Identify your technical POCs for the OEP(s) and their respective collaborators at Berkeley and/or Boeing
Describe your project's plans for next 6 months
Identify specific performance goals
Identify how your progress will be measured and success determined (this is an important aspect. Try to use very concrete metrics. If at all possible, indicate how success can be measured on the OEPs.)
Project Schedule and Milestones
- Show the key 3-5 tasks in the project and the schedule for achieving these tasks
- Be very specific on contracted milestones and demonstration events
- Annotate timeline using Government Fiscal Year/Quarters only
- Start timeline at award and end timeline at award end.
- Show completed milestones and schedule advances/slippages
- Describe project milestones that occur in next 6 months
i.e., what are the vehicles for transitioning
the technology from research into commercial or DoD products? What is
the status of this transition?
i.e. are there any anticipated problems with the project or overall NEST that you’d like to see addressed?