[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cl-http for clisp

At 2:59 PM 6/26/95, deilmann@router.leat.ruhr-uni-bochum.de wrote:
>Hi !
>I have a few questions how to implement your cl-http MultiMedia-Server ?
>Can we use the source code for a university project ??

Sure. It is recommended that you keep your changes and enhancements in
separate files so that you can easily slot in new distributions of CL-HTTP
as fixes and extensions become available.

>Do you know someone who had ported the cl-http sources to
>a sun-solaris or intel(486) architecture using the clisp implementation
>of Bruno Haible or any other Common Lisp Version ??

No.

>Do you think the port to one of these platforms is easy to manage ??

A port reduces to providing the network interface and multithreading.
You need to replicate the functionality used for the MAC port, which can
be found in HTTP:MAC;SERVER;

Once you have the stuff running for your Lisp, all the portable code will run.

When in doubt about multithreading, implement and debug a single threaded
mode.  Then, extend it to multithreading.

Please keep us informed of progress on ports.  At some point. we may want to
introduce a portable defsystem so that we can more easily synchronize versions
across platforms.