[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How can I write a simple mac cl-http daemon of my own?

>Try turning on virtual memory.
>
>This will get CL-HTTP running, even if a bit slow.
>
>Most importantly, it will get it compiled.
>
>Then, you may be able to load the server with virtual memory off.
>
>Otherwise, you might comment out the last export of http:examples;exports.lisp
>so that it does not export the entire distribution directory.
>
>Finally, try skipping the load of  http:examples;exports.lisp all together and
>see what happens.
>
>I know people have run CL-HTTP successfully with 6mb of memory.
>It would be interesting to see what the minimum size can be.

Thank you for your reply.  I have compiled the CL-HTTP successfully.  I
wonder if there is a minimum set of functions that I can load to just
process :html-form and :html-computed-form.  I have written a MCL 2.0.1
version of a simple http daemon.  It just opens a tcp stream and read/write
to it.  The daemon generates an error message when I use Netscape as a
browser, although the http request is handled correctly(the daemon is
running until July 22 at address http://36.8.0.172).  I wonder how to open
a tcp stream and read/write to it in MCL 3.0.  I tried to look at your
code, but it is just too big for me to hack down the right functions.

Qingshan Luo
Mailling address: P.O. Box 8417, Stanford, CA 94309-8417
Office Address:   Room 234, Margaret Jacks Hall, Stanford University
E-mail: qluo@cs.stanford.edu
Office Phone: (415) 723-3827
Home Phone:   (415) 497-2119