[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

first impression

I think it is important to get the installation instructions right.  I had
to try a few times to get things working standalone on a powerbook with MCL
2.0.1.  The problems i was having was:

1. Remembering to load the eql patch, which isn't mentioned in the
configure.html, though it is on the cl-http home page.  It is probably
worth mentioning MacWeb there too.

2. Understanding exactly how to go from the local-talk instructions to the
standalone instructions (which should probably be broken out separtely).
Specifically that i had to pick some IP address and make sure it was the
same as what is in system folder:hosts.  Also, it wasn't clear if i needed
to reboot.

After that things started working.  The only problems i noticed was that
the computed dialogs don't seem to work.  Is that part of MCL 2.0.1
limitations?  Specifically, compute-form didn't work, and
compute-find-documnetation-form put up all the documentation but i was not
able to filter it in any way.