[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Netscape and 304 response code bug: Configure the Browser?

>Karsten and I went through this very carefully a couple of weeks ago, and
>you would seem to be proposing we break the CL-HTTP code.
>
>All HTTP times in HTTP headers are in GMT time.  GMT is not effected
>by daylight savings time. http::print-gmt-time prints the right GMT time
>when daylight savings is in effect or not on Lispm's and the MAC.
>
>So, adding an hour to GMT is not the right thing.

I think John is right.

>When a locality decides to respect daylight savings time, it is really moving
>its time zone by local fiat.  Therefore, the problem might be that hosts
>have their GMT offsets
>set wrong under daylight savings time.  On the MAC,  there is a switch in
>the control panel for
>dates and times that needs to be set to daylight savings time.

Not all versions of the Mac OS have the possibility to specify
daylight savings time. My Mac under System 7.1 has not.

>Why not check and see if setting this switch on MACs solves the looping problem?

I'll check it.

Rainer

Rainer Joswig, Lavielle EDV Systemberatung GmbH & Co, Lotharstrasse 2ab, D22041
Hamburg, Tel: +49 40 65808-0, Fax: +49 40 65808-202, Email:joswig@lavielle.com,
WWW: http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/, Tel. (priv): +49 40 7355522