[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Server Push for CL-HTTP

At 6:37 AM 9/5/95, Hallvard Traetteberg wrote:

>Second question: Has anybody tried server push with Netscape. I thought
>perhaps using one window for output and another window for input with forms
>might make a neat interface. When form input is sent to the server, the
>output window is updated with server push and a 204 response returned to
>the input window to make it remain stable.

We are talking about this stuff:
http://home.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/pushpull.html

We have ns11:declare-refresh-rate to perform client pull but I never got around
to implementing server push.  I think server push would be useful to
people, even if
the netscape extensions and standards will be evolving.