[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ATLAST(=Forth) vs. Java (vs ????)

>I have been using Common LISP for various www applications for more than a
>year, and find it clearly to be the language of choice for this purpose. I
>would be happy to team up to get some discussion as to how we can use LISP
>to serve the features of Java and for behaviours in VRML. The
>www-cl@ai.mit.edu mailing list might also be an appropriate location for
>such a discussion.
>
>I am also interested in getting in contact with others that are using LISP
>(or consider to be using LISP) in the context of VRML.

We are interested in generation tools to emit both Java and VRML as a
complement to
the CL-HTTP HTML synthesis tools.

We will need a carefully chosen initial set of primitives and convenient
ways to extend them,
ideally on the fly.

http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/iiip/doc/cl-http/home-page.html

There is also some interest around this lab in a richer version on VRML
that would
include more tactile components and more physics.